06 August 2009

Deployment 2009

All, the blog has officially been given the ok to restart for the men and women of RUSSELL. We are safely underway now and getting into our routine. It is difficult to upload pictures from the ship to the blog, but I will be sending them to our ombudsman, Mrs. Amanda Robinson, while we are underway. When we are inport, I will try to upload pictures from the ship. If you need to reach our ombudsman you can email her at russellomb@yahoo.com. You can also leave comments on the blog posts, and I will try to get back to you when I can. For now, know we are safely underway and extremely grateful for all the thoughts and emails from family and friends back home...Take care and be safe. Doug

9 comments:

Buck said...

Have a safe underway and thanks for restarting the blog.

MandaGirl said...

Aloha Russell Sailors!

I think its absolutely fantastic you're able to continue with "The Destroyermen" updates. I'm sure that other spouses, families and friends are looking forward to following the crew over the days to come as much as I am.

I am so proud of each and every one of you on board our mighty ship and I will do what I can to keep your families safe, assist them in their time of need, and keep them updated on your accomplishments.

May the winds be at your back.

Your Ombudsman, Amanda

A Stellitano said...

glad to see you are up and running. missed you guys.
from MR2 stellitano MA's Dad

Mike Lambert said...

We have waited ANXIOUSLY for your return. Welcome back.

Sailor said...

Godspeed you guys; glad that you can blog for us, I've been out for 6 years now and I've enjoyed living vicariously through your blog :)

mb said...

We can't tell you how grateful we are to be able to experience life on the USS Russell again. We look forward to the photos and commentary the ship is able to share. God bless you all. mb

Marv said...

God Speed to you, for It is you who need to take care and be safe.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Its great to see you guys back.

Ken Cluff said...

Nice to have you guys back. This was one of my favorite blogs while CDR van Avery kept it going.

fair winds and following seas...